1. Activities and Achievements of the Month
1.1 Summary of Progress
The following items are the major progress of the Project in relation to the Project Implementation Consultant team’s activities.
- Contribution to Batch II of SREDA’s Energy Efficiency & Conservation Training for Textile and Garment Industry (11-13/Jan)
- 17th Project Coordination Committee Meeting (14/Jan)
- On-site inspections conducted at a cement factory and a spinning mill.
- Project scope enhancement considerations on textile (focusing on knitting, dyeing & finishing processes), steel making and chemical sectors (ongoing)
- Data management and calculation of energy saving from sub-projects (ongoing)
- Scope enhancement site observations at knitting and textile composite factories (27-28/Jan).
1.2 Contribution to SREDA’s activities
The batch II of the Energy Efficiency & Conservation Training for Textile and Garment Industry was conducted by SREDA for three days, between 11 to 13/January. The contents and the achievements are identical to the batch I activity held in December 2019.
The first Project Implementation Committee (PIC) meeting was held at SREDA on 16/Jan, with the participation of representatives from Power Division, Planning Commission, Implementation Monitoring & Evaluation Division (IMED) of the Ministry of Planning, as well as JICA Bangladesh Office.
<not be published on website>
Appendix 05-1: Scope Enhancement in Knitting, Dyeing and Finishing Processes (January 2020)
Appendix 05-2: Scope Enhancement Potential for Energy Saving in Chemical Industry (January 2020)
Appendix 05-3: PCC17 Meeting materials and Reco